The 51st AA National Amenity Conference and the 1st International Conference on Biosecurity
A call for papers has been issued for the first International Arboriculture Conference to explore the theme of Biosecurity.
The AA National Amenity Conference returns to Exeter University from 10-13 September.
Continuing with our vision of collaboration, we’re pleased to announce that this year’s Conference middle day will be presented in partnership with the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management(CIEEM).
Under the general theme of biosecurity, the Association is inviting submissions for presentations on the following:
- Tree Health
- Tree species selection
- Population Resilience and Management
- Pests and Diseases
- Ecological/Arboricultural impact assessments
- Trees and Development
- Surveying techniques and methodologies
- Bats and trees/woodlands
- Protected species and Arboriculture
- Veteran trees
- Soil ecology
- Ecosystem services evaluation
AA Members, partners and colleagues are invited to submit papers and ideas under these themes, for presentation at the conference. Authors of submissions selected will then be invited to present their work at the conference. Most presentations will last no longer than 30 minutes.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Job title and organisation (if relevant)
- Brief biography (no more than 100 words)
- Please indicate if you are an Arboricultural Association member
- Title of session
- Subject area
- Summary of content of up to 300 words
- An indication of the type session that is of interest to yourself
The deadline for proposals is 5pm on Tuesday 28 February 2017. The AA’s conference steering group, which contains AA members, will assess the proposals, and will aim to respond by the end of March.