The strategy recommends that:
- Local authorities instigate a regime of cyclical pruning of council tree stock in areas predisposed to building movement where this is appropriate.
- Local authorities provide dedicated resources for dealing with subsidence generated claims directed at council owned trees.
- Local authorities instigate a regime of selective removal and replacement of street tree stock in areas predisposed to building movement where this is appropriate.
- Local authorities challenge unwarranted claims based on poorly investigated or inaccurate evidence.
Tree value banding for high, medium and low trees
The current values would be:
- Low - less than £7672
- Medium - from £7672 to £24,858
- High - greater than £24,858
For example: there are 100 trees in a borough. The trees are all valued using CAVAT and sorted by value into one list with the cheapest at the top. I look at the 33rd tree in the list to establish the range of the low value group. I look at the 66th tree in the list to establish the top of the range of the medium value etc.
The unit value will be updated here every year and the bandings recalculated.